Sunday, January 23, 2011

Introduction to a small local business blog

My name is Dick and I have an intense passion to support local businesses and help local consumers connect with them businesses. I know that big businesses are important for the economy but so are the small guys. The problem is that the balance has been off set and needs to be restored. My generation is obsessed with the internet and everything that it involves. I am guilty of being addicted to the surfing the web but I also understand and often obsess over the support of local businesses.
Why do I think we should shop local? Because about 30% more of your money returns to the local economy when you do compared to big corporate chains. Because you get the personalized service that we all deserve to experience. Because small businesses offer diversity and options to the consumer. Because small businesses add fuel to the fire of the flame inside of us we call relationships. The analogy I always use the describe small vs large businesses go's like this........shopping at a small business is like going to a bank teller to get your money and you both strike up conversation but the large businesses are more like going to an a.t.m that doesn't talk, shorts your cash, and never gives you a receipt when you ask for it because it has no feelings. Imagine how frustrating it would be if there was a robot in charge of helping you find a book at the library but it was misunderstanding what you wanted.
My idea is to help small local businesses connect with local consumers.via fresh internet marketing. I want to creat a news subscription that will be sent out in email form weekly. This news.paper of the sort with provide the little guys to have a little bigger peice of the pie. The ads would be pictures, directory style links, video interviews, and anchor words. I thank anyone who reads this very much..

1 comment: