Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Small business advertising with a home based business

Why would my home based business be more effective than these other advertising companies in my area? Well first we need to understand how important advertising for small businesses is. Think about how programmed we are by the major businesses. I think groceries I think walmart, I think tires I think sears, I think a burger I think mcdonalds. So if these small businesses are not using effective advertising then they are not reaching they're potential. So let me ask you how does walmart advertise? Sales ads for the older demographic's, television for the tv watchers, and of you remember black friday......INTERNET! So they have gotten all bases covered. Small business advertising in my area uses the radio, and ads in the paper. Now I want to get one thing straight, I think those are great ways to advertise but who only want a piece of the pie when they could have the whole thing.
This is what im after in small business advertising. Giving the small businesses a bigger piece of pie. There are some businesses using internet marketing but I still believe that's ineffective. Think about your junk mail, there is a cry good chance that it is a product you use and love but when you get advertising e-mails all the time you do the glance-select-delete. That's not a very effective form of small business advertising. I love my cell phone and I work with a small business Verizon premium retailer for all my needs. But I don't buy a cell phone or cell phone accessories every week so I ignore they're e-mails. In my opinion the #1 rule of advertising is that your market shouldn't know they're being advertised to. Im not shoving these ads down they're throat im gently placing them in they're hands. Peoplelike this because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy.
The content of the website and newsletter are going to be the key to tie home based business. I want to provide businesses a chance to talk about they're industry and what's current via video to the customers. So different industries will be able to be specific on why the consumer should be shopping there. I also plan to do some things that will be intresting to people and not focused on advertising. I want to plan out some trips forpeople to give them an idea of things to do locally. These trips will have tips, travel times, and 3 teirs of fuel usage stats. Highlighting local charitable events is another thing that's important to me so of course ill be doing free advertising for those events. I want to have a section that's contains information about your pets. I want a section about fitness. I want lots of good news that is all created locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment